2003 Hard top docking boss plastic cap wanted

AMX
Last seen
Wanted, The black plastic cap that snaps over the boss were the rear hard top pins go into the boss and lock. The cover is just to make the boss look better. They usually get knocked off when putting on top and fall down into the body

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Driver's side Latch Spacer 1W6Z7650611AA.jpg AMX the little plastic cover you are mentioning is NOT a cosmetic item as you say. It has a very important task. It is only on the driver's side HT block. And yes it often gets bumped out of place & falls way down into never-never land.

The purpose of this little block is to balance the driver's side to the passenger side. The passenger side has a metal block with the wires to power the rear window defroster. Without the block on the driver's side the HT sits slightly, ever so slightly tipsy and this creates a rattling HT. So indeed if yours is missing you do need one.
May I suggest that when you get one you use some Super Glue to help hold it in place.
I know that these can be found on eBay as well as Powersport/Thunderbird Specialities.

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: AMX
View attachment 3837 AMX the little plastic cover you are mentioning is NOT a cosmetic item as you say. It has a very important task. It is only on the driver's side HT block. And yes it often gets bumped out of place & falls way down into never-never land.

The purpose of this little block is to balance the driver's side to the passenger side. The passenger side has a metal block with the wires to power the rear window defroster. Without the block on the driver's side the HT sits slightly, ever so slightly tipsy and this creates a rattling HT. So indeed if yours is missing you do need one.
May I suggest that when you get one you use some Super Glue to help hold it in place.
I know that these can be found on eBay as well as Powersport/Thunderbird Specialities.

Question, Are you saying that there is only one of these used for the drivers side only and no need for one on passenger side. Also thanks for the leads, but personally I have no use for Phill at T Bird Specialities who only does this as a hobby and does not answer e mails or phone calls and could care less about loosing a sale.

View attachment 3837 AMX the little plastic cover you are mentioning is NOT a cosmetic item as you say. It has a very important task. It is only on the driver's side HT block. And yes it often gets bumped out of place & falls way down into never-never land.

Thanks for the PN, found one on E-Bay and never knew that it had a function. Great information Thanks, Stan

Back