2003 Engine stalls after starting

Jeffr

Jeffr

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I left my yard this morning and my 2003 lost power about 2 blocks away and stalled. Then in trying to restart it, it starts right away but then stalls out right away. Any clues?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Fuel pump failures are common on these cars.

I left my yard this morning and my 2003 lost power about 2 blocks away and stalled. Then in trying to restart it, it starts right away but then stalls out right away. Any clues?
I let the car sit overnight friday and it started right up saturday. Any clues?

Last edited by a moderator:
Check for faults stored in all control modules. Fault codes might help you determine the cause of your stalling condition. Note any DTCs and freeze frame data that are stored before clearig the fault codes. After clearing the fault codes does the engine stall? After clearing the fault codes do any fault codes return?

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

So what was the resolution @Jeffr ?

Yesterday my wife went to walmart and came out and the car would not start, whirled over fine but no fire what so ever. Any clues or advise?

Yesterday my wife went to walmart and came out and the car would not start, whirled over fine but no fire what so ever. Any clues or advise?
Fuel pumps are often the culprit.

I had very similar issues with my 02 right after I got it. It was the fuel pump. Installed a new one and been OK going on 2 years.

Back