2003 Blinker lights not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
E
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Left rear turn signal blinker not working. All others work fine checked fuse in passenger right kick panel read good on ohm meter. Checked fuse in trunk read good.
Put volt meter on bulb socket one terminal and battery ground got reading of 12 volts. Same on other socket.
Confused can any body help????

In all likelihood the bulb is burned out. You have to remove the rear lens, remove the trunk liner on the left side. There are three 11mm nuts on 3 long bolts that pultrude into the trunk that must be removed. By pressing on the tail light lens from the outside the nuts will come off easily. Remove the lens making note of the positon of the bolt shafts for re-installing as they could scratch the paint if not lined up correctly. Remove the bulb and replace and re-install.

To make the job easier in future take a nut to a hardware store to match the thread and purchase wing nuts to replace the original speed nuts. I replaced them on both sides when I replaced my right side bulb. Time to change the first time I did it was under 10 minutes.

Hope this helps.

Gord

2003 model thunderbird. my left rear brake light, turn signal and emergency flasher not working. Bulb is good (even got a new one anyway). The ohm meter shows current to the holder that the bulb fits into. Ordered a new bulb holder. Is there anything else I should be checking? Right working fine. headlights, turn signals and flashers working fine. "lamp out" notice on dashboard.

My left turn signal isn't working. The flashers work, so the bulbs are good. Is there an easy way to check the switch?
Thanks in advance. Jim

I'm not aware of an EASY way to check the switch. Everything today is controlled by a computer. Even the switch has a circuit board in it. The dealership would most likely swap with a known good part to trouble shoot if the scanner didn't give codes. $150 or so at Autozone. If it's not the switch then probably the FEM.

I'm not aware of an EASY way to check the switch. Everything today is controlled by a computer. Even the switch has a circuit board in it. The dealership would most likely swap with a known good part to trouble shoot if the scanner didn't give codes. $150 or so at Autozone. If it's not the switch then probably the FEM.

Thanks. I was hoping there was a test point somewhere easy to reach to see if the switch was closing. Guess I'll order a switch.

I haven't changed one on the bird but it was a pretty easy job on my '15 F250. Pull off the plastic cover behind steering wheel, a couple of torx screws and plug. Check Youtube, maybe someone posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back