2003 Air bag code 45

Oft injured

Oft injured

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
My airbag light is flashing 45, I understand it to mean the problem is the leftfromt sensor. I can’t find it on the car. Where is it hidden?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

What year is your car? When my 02 had an airbag light, it was just a light with no number. The clock spring went bad in my car causing the air bag light to display

Put the model year of your car in the title/subject as it prompts you to do, on your future posts. I've added this for you.

Code 45 according to my shop manuals means the passenger side impact sensor has a communication fault.
If you had used a diagnostic code reader you would see U2018.
What to do. First you MUST depower the system by disconnecting the battery, then remove fuse F2.14 located in fuse panel pass. side footwell. With battery disconnected. & fuse out check connector
C304 which under the pass. seat, it is a two wire plug. Disconnect & reconnect it a few times to remove any corrosion that possibly built up on contacts. Insure connection good, wires held tightly.
Reinstall fuse & reconnect battery to power system back up. Turn on ignition.
Fault cleared Yes/ No . Yes you are done.
No you have a wiring problem & will need a mult-meter & a wiring diagram.

Last edited:
Back