2002 Trunk Light LED Replacement

usmcdad
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have swapped all my incandescent lights (fog, map, interior, license plate) out for brighter, whiter, and lower power consumption LED's. -That is, all except the trunk light. I have tried prying from both ends, and both sides, but the sucker will not pop out. Does anyone know the trick to removing the trunk light without destroying it? I have already slightly bent the metal bezel surrounding it. -Is it possible the whole light and bezel pops out? I have been trying to remove the light from the bezel. Is the light and bezel a single unit?

Thanks in Advance for your advice!

Yes, it is all one unit with small side tabs that hold it to the fiberboard. It does come out but carefully.

Strongly suggest you remove the trunk liner panel first.
The trunk light fixture's wires have enough slack to allow you to get the side panel away from the side. To make things even easier you can then unplug the light wiring from the harness. Now you can very easily switch out the bulb.
A lot of motion for getting to a bulb, but oh the fun you'll have exploring places you haven't been or seen before.

I usually find I have to pull that whole section of inner carpeting that its fitting into, pain with those clips but actually easier.

What size bulb does the license plate take? Thanks!

I have swapped all my incandescent lights (fog, map, interior, license plate) out for brighter, whiter, and lower power consumption LED's. -That is, all except the trunk light. I have tried prying from both ends, and both sides, but the sucker will not pop out. Does anyone know the trick to removing the trunk light without destroying it? I have already slightly bent the metal bezel surrounding it. -Is it possible the whole light and bezel pops out? I have been trying to remove the light from the bezel. Is the light and bezel a single unit?

Thanks in Advance for your advice!

Back