2002 Thunderbird Radio return to factory

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
E

Edd

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
My 2002 Thunderbird radio was upgraded to new style before I bought I would like to return to original , what model 2002 to 2005 will work also will radios fro other ford cars work in a 2002 Thunderbird

I tried to replace radio, but due to the “special” trim, nothing would look right, all replacements were black.
I suggest That there are others in this forum who did successfully replace their radio and probably stuck the unique radio with correct trim in a safe place.

Pretty sure that you will need to find one from a 2002 as it has different wiring than the 2003. Radios from 04 and 05 are different yet again.

Yep! 2002 entertainment center is unique to just the 2002 model year.
Begin your hunt on eBay there should be a 02 owner who has changed out the 02 system for something else and wants to sell it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to replace radio, but due to the “special” trim, nothing would look right, all replacements were black.
I suggest That there are others in this forum who did successfully replace their radio and probably stuck the unique radio with correct trim in a safe place.
2002-2005 radio trim panels available in black or silver only. To get my correct color I bought special matched paint from English Color locally and one of those reusable paint spray cans which allowed me to spray paint to match.

2002-2005 radio trim panels available in black or silver only. To get my correct color I bought special matched paint from English Color locally and one of those reusable paint spray cans which allowed me to spray paint to match.

My 2002 Thunderbird radio was upgraded to new style before I bought I would like to return to original , what model 2002 to 2005 will work also will radios fro other ford cars work in a 2002 Thunderbird
Yes the 2002 Lincoln LS will work

Yes the 2002 Lincoln LS will work

Well, yes...it'll fit. But it should be noted that, for instance, on the '04-'05 audiophile factory radios, the DSP features a 'TOP DOWN' mode, that is not configured into the similar Lincoln LS '18C815' radios.

Well, yes...it'll fit. But it should be noted that, for instance, on the '04-'05 audiophile factory radios, the DSP features a 'TOP DOWN' mode, that is not configured into the similar Lincoln LS '18C815' radios.
You are right but that top button is not really the radio. It is two units put together with a bracket. That is my issue right now. I have to find that bracket to put the OEM radio that I got back in my car. I found a you pull place here in Michigan that has two 2002 LS models I hope have OEM radios in them to get that bracket. Can’t find it on line.

DSP=Digital Signal Processing. It’s a preset settings of amplifier and equalizer combinations programmed into the radio...has nothing to do with the top switch.

I found the bracket in one of the LS cars at the u pull and it should go in on Monday.

Back