1. Please sign in or join the Thunderbird club free to access the search page and many other free site features.
    If you forgot your password click here.

Click the "X" to the right to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice

2002 Thunderbird front windshield chrome reveal

Discussion in '2002 - 2005 Ford Thunderbird' started by derjimmer, Oct 24, 2017.

1. I'm looking for instructions on how to replace the chrome reveal for my 2002 Ford Thunderbird. I want to replace all three pieces. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. ""The Top Molding is - 3w6z-7650046-aa 83.11, the left side is - 3w6z-7603137-ba 94.25 and the right side is - 3w6z-7603136-ba 94.25. From Mike Magsig atTousley Ford Parts 1-800-328-9552 or 651-288-1562

"If you have not done this type of thing before then it can be a bit un-nerving. The interior A-pillar moldings as well as the header moldings have to be popped off. Then you need some deep dish metric sockets to remove the bolts that are connected to studs that are affixed the stainless exterior moldings. Once the small bolts are removed then the moldings easily come off. You remove the side stainless molding first and then the center piece”

pop off the interior molding to expose studs projecting through frame . loosen the metric nuts and slip off the chrome surround do all in reverse to reattach. REPLACE:

The interior A-pillar moldings as well as the header moldings have to be removed. The interior A-pillar moldings pull out and back towards you. Use deep dish metric sockets to remove the bolts that are connected to studs that are affixed to the chrome exterior moldings, put a piece of tape in the socket to prevent the nut from falling out. beside the two nuts, there is a screw on the bottom of them outside. Once the small bolts are removed and the screws then the moldings easily come off. You remove the side chrome moldings first and then the center piece. Pull the header molding dawn to get to the nuts.

TBird Mama and derjimmer like this.
  3. Thanks for your help. Got it done.

John Hayman likes this.

Help us by sharing/liking this page below and G+

Shop Amazon.comPlease shop Amazon.com using this link to support the forum!