2002 TBird stalls twice

PhilD
Last seen
Well I had my 2002 TBird stall on me yesterday twice, first time was just up the road as I went to turn right, the steering was heavy, so thought that had gone but then saw that the engine had cut out. Restarted fine then went a few miles and did it again as I again turned right into a parking lot. Came directly back home, thought about it, then it was suggested, when did I change the fuel filter...duh! Seven years and 20,000 miles ago. Grabbed one from autozone for just over $6 with tax, fitted it, ran it around the area taking right turns slow, fast and any other way she was fine. Took her out again today seemed fine so hopefully fixed, so just a reminder to everyone, change the fuel filter, I like an idiot actually forgot as so many new cars have ones fitted in the tank that you don't touch. Wake up call.

At least there is one thing on these cars that do not cost an arm and a leg to replace. The fuel filter on my 03 S15 pickup is 60 dollars at AutoZone

I know its hard to believe that it is a cheap part. Only hiccup was I noticed whilst under there that the both the upper control arms ball joint rubbers had perished. So just had to order those now.
I'm on that same boat. Need to replace all the rubber on the front and back. Ideally I would replace all the hardware under there

I'm on that same boat. Need to replace all the rubber on the front and back. Ideally I would replace all the hardware under there

I don't think the rubber is available separately.

I just did all the back end on my 2002 with all new hardware,, The front still looks good but while the mechanic was under there doing the rear, I had him spry some lubricant on the front rubber to help it along.. It wasn't silicone as he said that would make the rubber expand.. Not sure what he used..

Please include the model year of your car when posting to the forums in your subject/title . I edited it for you. Thanks.

Back