2002-05 T-Bird: Where to put CELL PHONE?

Other than a window mount, has anyone successfully found a way to mount their phone inside their car? Best I've come up with is laying it sideways between the two cup dispensers, LOL. Don't want anything TOO tacky, but curious if there is "another alternative".
I put mind beside console and emergency brake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mounting stuff on the front windshield, or on the dash is illegal in many places. While the enforcement varies, there is a chance you can be ticketed in many cities for obstruction of view.
Yikes! I'm sure there are some who would enforce that, but I have not heard of anyone being pulled for that.
My guess is it might be an excuse they could use to pull you for some other reason, btw thank you for that info!

I found two solutions to this modern day BT handsfree world. I replaced the factory head unit with a modern Kenwood Excelon DMX905S so I would have a head unit that had BT handsfree and Apple Car Play (plus I have a huge CD library ripped to FLAC). Than I purchased a Weathertech Cup Phone Holder to hold my iPhone. I just plug the lightening cable into the iPhone than place it in the grip of the Weathertech holder. Start the Tbird and Apple Car Play logs in and everything is done! All phone calls are handsfree, I have Waze running for navigation on the large 7 inch screen of the Kenwood head unit and have 512 GB of music on a USB thumb drive. It even does handsfree texting. When a text message comes in, Apple Car Play translates the message playing it over the stereo and asks if I wish to reply. If I answer Yes, it records my reply, converts it to text and sends it for completely handsfree texting while driving.

I have been considering the CD slot phone holder mount tho it may block some of the controls on the stack.

Other than a window mount, has anyone successfully found a way to mount their phone inside their car? Best I've come up with is laying it sideways between the two cup dispensers, LOL. Don't want anything TOO tacky, but curious if there is "another alternative".
just bought my 2005 and was wondering the same thing no place for suction cup to adhere. I think Im going to find or make something thin, round and smooth a little larger then the suction cup and velcro it someplace.

Back