2002 T-bird seat insert color question

Bluebird2
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Just purchased a teal 2002 T Bird with matching color interior, however the seat bottoms are black and back sections are teal. Seats appear to be original style. Did any cars come this way from the factory, or is it more likely that the seat bottoms have been replaced with factory black replacements?

Thanks!
Roger

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Just purchased a teal 2002 T Bird with matching color interior, however the seat bottoms are black and back sections are teal. Seats appear to be original style. Did any cars come this way from the factory, or is it more likely that the seat bottoms have been replaced with factory black replacements?

Thanks!
Roger
Likely seat bottoms were reppaced.

HKS, is correct, no seats left the factory as you describe. Visit a couple local trim shops and see what they can do for you. Don't know how long dyed leather would last but that would likely be cheapest option.

HKS, is correct, no seats left the factory as you describe. Visit a couple local trim shops and see what they can do for you. Don't know how long dyed leather would last but that would likely be cheapest option.

Thanks!

Have you thought about the new seat replacement offer over at Powersport? I understand they are taking requests at this time.... Supposed to be identical to original.

Back