2002 T-Bird A/C Blows Hot on Passenger Side

J
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hello, Let me apologize in advance I'm sure it has been discussed on here before. My wife's 2002 Bird A/C, on the passenger side every now and then blows warm or even hot, Drivers side is always ice cold. Some times shut car off to gas and get back in re-start and passenger side is ice cold like drivers side. Trying to figure out if can fix myself or take to Ford or Lincoln Dealer. Thanks again, love the Forum. Jon

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I think it is a control valve. You have to pull the dash to reach it. Mine blew hot both sides and this was the repair at the dealer.

My 2005 had the same problem, and after last week's 100+ temp in Sacramento, I took it to my mechanic - replaced heater valve, cabin filter & 2 service valve. It now works great!

In addition to my 2004 Thunderbird I have a 2010 Ford Taurus. Taurus started blowing really hot on passenger side and ice cold on drivers side. I investigated through Taurus owners forum and a recommendation to try was to disconnect the negative battery cable, let sit for several minutes and reconnect. It fixed the stuck valve! Of course had to reset all radio stations, clock etc. but pretty easy fix. Might just be worth a try on your Thunderbird..

Back