2002 seats need TLC

G

Gigglingiguana

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
My turquoise and black leather seats have minor scratches/signs of wear and need touching up. Is there a polish or “paint” available that would cover these flaws? Also, I live in New Mexico where the air is extremely dry so does anyone have recommendations for a product that would “feed” the leather and prevent it from drying out (my car is garage kept)? Thanks!

My turquoise and black leather seats have minor scratches/signs of wear and need touching up. Is there a polish or “paint” available that would cover these flaws? Also, I live in New Mexico where the air is extremely dry so does anyone have recommendations for a product that would “feed” the leather and prevent it from drying out (my car is garage kept)? Thanks!
Leather needs Lexol conditioner! I use that and touch up color ( torch red) on my 02 bird with a sharpie. It works!

Lexol was recommended by the person who did the leather re-do on my seats. She said to let the leather drink it!. Also, vacuuming the seats will keep the threads and leather from being damaged by debris.

Lexol was recommended by the person who did the leather re-do on my seats. She said to let the leather drink it!. Also, vacuuming the seats will keep the threads and leather from being damaged by debris.
Hey 56....am interested in info about the re-do of your seats....gotta do ours now, the driver's seat has split in the perforated area....and am thinking can't just do one side.....what did you do, how long ago did you do it, and do I need to be prepared to mortgage my house? Hope you feel like sharing......

My seats were the first fix I did after buying my 2002. I bought it the last day of 2019, took it to the interior shop on the 3rd or so of January, picked out the leather, put a date on the calendar for the middle of January and had it back in 2 days. Becky's interiors in Wichita Falls, Texas. It was under $1000 for her to put white in the center panels, replacing the black, and putting new black leather around the white, and on the sides. She did not replace the headrests, backs or the logo area. They were in pristine shape. The all-black seats looked worn like the previous owner and passenger slid out all their weight on the seat. Becky is so good that all new car dealers in town use her for all their work. I would drive a thousand miles to have Becky do it again. Next she will do the jump seats in my wife's FJ40 Landcruiser. http://www.beckysinteriors.com/

My seats were the first fix I did after buying my 2002. I bought it the last day of 2019, took it to the interior shop on the 3rd or so of January, picked out the leather, put a date on the calendar for the middle of January and had it back in 2 days. Becky's interiors in Wichita Falls, Texas. It was under $1000 for her to put white in the center panels, replacing the black, and putting new black leather around the white, and on the sides. She did not replace the headrests, backs or the logo area. They were in pristine shape. The all-black seats looked worn like the previous owner and passenger slid out all their weight on the seat. Becky is so good that all new car dealers in town use her for all their work. I would drive a thousand miles to have Becky do it again. Next she will do the jump seats in my wife's FJ40 Landcruiser. http://www.beckysinteriors.com/
Thanks 56....we just may take the drive there if we can't find someone closer who we would trust with the work. I would guess, however, that here in Cali the price might be a little higher than the amazing deal you got ! Our seats have the perforated leather and that's the part that has been damaged (along with the aging stuff after nearly 20 years as a daily driver) ...did you replace with perforated leather or other ribbed design? Lucky guy!

Pictures please!

Thanks 56....we just may take the drive there if we can't find someone closer who we would trust with the work. I would guess, however, that here in Cali the price might be a little higher than the amazing deal you got ! Our seats have the perforated leather and that's the part that has been damaged (along with the aging stuff after nearly 20 years as a daily driver) ...did you replace with perforated leather or other ribbed design? Lucky guy!
The white is tuck and roll horizontally, no perferations. There are many great custom shops there, try Nacho's if you are near Van Nuys. https://www.facebook.com/nachosautoupholstery

Pictures please!
Pictures please!
The seats were done in January 2020. I have driven about 5000 miles since then

IMG_7413.JPGIMG_7414.JPGIMG_7415.JPGIMG_7416.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Back