2002 instrument cluster problem

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

If I left my 2002 TBird for more than 48 hours it would not start. Diagnosed as an instrument cluster problem. Advised that I could never find a replacement instrument cluster even from a wrecker and that I would need to send my instrument cluster back to upper state New York for repair. Total cost so far is $4000 and counting as when repaired cluster installed I still had a problem. Further diagnosis was that I would need to replace my ignition switch which is currently underway. Have no idea what my further bill will be and exceptionally frustrated as I have had my car in for repairs almost TWO months. Painful.

lost my dash instrument lights first, then sporadic starting (like no crank) and now the fan not working all on 2002 with under 30,000 babied miles. UGGGG

lost my dash instrument lights first, then sporadic starting (like no crank) and now the fan not working all on 2002 with under 30,000 babied miles. UGGGG
Sounds like the FEM going bad

Definitely the FEM.

FEM stands for Front Electronics Module. It is located inside the cabin driver's side behind the soft plastic panel by the driver's left foot. When looking in that area you would see the gasoline cut-off switch markings on the plastic panel.

Back