2002 Engine Miss at 3000rpm

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Mine is now missing at all rpms. I have replaced 8 coils and plugs, a MAS, and two oxygen sensors.
What is wrong with this wonderful car?

Further to the problem it appears that it only misses when I rev to 3000 rpm while in neutral. It seems to run fine while driving. Is this normal?

Further to the problem it appears that it only misses when I rev to 3000 rpm while in neutral. It seems to run fine while driving. Is this normal?
You may not believe this but that is NORMAL. In order to protect the engine from OVER REVING the engineers added a protection feature. When the car is not moving under load, the PCM module prevents the engine from revolving above 3000 RPM. It does it by shutting down signals to the coils in a revolving fashion. I believe that it also limits the revs while under load to 6000 rpms. again to protect the engine. Hope this explains it. It is not a problem, it is a feature.

Back