2002 Driver panel bushing identification

A

Azstar

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Took my driver side panel off to replace lock actuator yesterday. A little tougher than I expected.
After getting it all back together I found this plastic spacer/bushing on the garage floor.
Where does it belong and is it needed? Don't want to go back in there if not necessary. It's 1/2 × 3/4 × 3/8 thick.
May be it was fitted to the panel itself.
Thanks,
Steve
20191207_103625.jpg20191207_103608.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I took off pass panel and found the same thing on the ground. ?

2003 33,000 3xblk

Now we're both looking for the answer.

This doesn't help solve the mystery but, I had both side door panels off last summer trying to figure out why the interior lights and door ajar dash light stayed on. Had the driver side door latch out too (ended up being the truck light switch). I don't remember seeing anything like that. I don't blame you for not wanting to take it back apart again! :rolleyes:

It goes inside the panel at the bottom left screw on driver side or bottom right screw on passenger side. Hold it in place with a needle nose while you feed the screw through it. Or tack it wit super glue

Hi Tiger,
There's 2 screws at the bottom and 2 screws in the rear side of panels. Are u saying it goes on the inside of the panel held in place by the little cup and screw at the bottom rear side of panels? The bottom 2 panel screwed bring the panel flush to the door so I think ur referring to the screws at the rear side portion of the plastic panels. Correct?

Tiger nail it.
Bottom side screw. Looks like there are a couple of molded clips on the screw pocket that were designed to hold that spacer in place during assembly. No big deal if yours aren't there.
Thanks

Back