2002 disable Seat Belt warning chime

B
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
The warning chime for my seat belt drives me nuts. It is so dang loud and intrusive. Is there a way to quite or disconnect it?
And before someone gets to be a wise guy and says " if I buckle up... it's done it's job" or something to that effect. I can't always buckle up because I have a Defibulator that gets in the way. So there! LOL

I added model year to your subject. Include on future posts as prompted.

model-year-TBF.jpg

Get another male end, the end on the belt strap, and clip it into the seat connector. This will make the connection to tell the computer that the seat belt is fastened. These male ends can be picked up at a salvage yard or any junk car. Likely any model would have the same seat belt connector/buckle.
To test this, try clipping the opposite side belt into the buckle, f it will reach .... The legal part here.... Do this at your own risk;)

Maybe one of these...
or...

Last edited:
The procedure is in the owners manual. I clipped them out for you. I always wear my seatbelt, but I disabled this because it was driving me crazy that it chimes so much after starting the car then getting out of the car to do something.

1630431480590.png1630431490269.png

Back