2002 Blue with white top popularity

medurham

I have considered changing the white over white hardtop on my 2003 to the
silver satin color used on the 2002 NM edition. Any thoughts?
I went to Google pictures and put in white Thunderbird with a dark top and got nothing for our years. Earlier birds had vinyl landeau tops in some years but they weren't much help. There are lots of pictures with white and colored tops, so your bird, if you choose to do this, may be the only one. Personally I think it would look great, especially if you added some same color accents to the body of the car in a careful way.

My 2002 that I purchased five years ago is T-Bird blue and has a white hardtop. Does anyone know why it wouldn't have been painted the same color as the car? Does that lower the value of my car?
NO it does not. I have a whisper white top OEM I would like to sell. It belonged to one of my daughters whisper white 03. We had two of the cars identical for our twin daughters. Now Just have an 05 Blackbird and 05 Cashmere 50th Anniversary.

I’ve got a 2003, Desert Sky Blue. Bought it with a white top and it looks GREAT. Apparently, that color was not offered so the previous owner must have bought it after-market. Doesn’t matter to me, I think the Blue/white looks much better than any monochrome bird I’ve seen. I suspect it enhances the value for anyone other than a true collector. That type would probably be nominee impressed with a matching, but not original, top than with the white.

Quickdraw

2004 Member of the Year
I’ve got a 2003, Desert Sky Blue. Bought it with a white top and it looks GREAT. Apparently, that color was not offered so the previous owner must have bought it after-market. Doesn’t matter to me, I think the Blue/white looks much better than any monochrome bird I’ve seen. I suspect it enhances the value for anyone other than a true collector. That type would probably be nominee impressed with a matching, but not original, top than with the white.

Give me the last six VIN digits and I'll tell you if your car had the white top from the factory. Or follow the link in post #19 for a complete run down on your car.

Of the 2003 1,744 Desert Sky Blue bodies;
1,460 had Desert Sky Blue hardtops
44 had Evening Black hardtops
175 had Performance White (a "brighter" white than the Whisper White hardtops that came on 2002 and 2003 white Tbirds)
65 had no hardtop at all