2002 Blue with white top popularity

biddle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Please follow subject posting directions on future posts. Revising now.

The top color can certainly vary and whether it looks good or not is subjective.

12604_e634d8db2ff8947fb9e1cd6c7ad78a23.jpg

MY 02 is blue w blk/ blu int, thought of getting pearl white top when I ordered it but my dad, car dealer years ago,said always go for a one color car when you can.

My 2002 that I purchased five years ago is T-Bird blue and has a white hardtop. Does anyone know why it wouldn't have been painted the same color as the car? Does that lower the value of my car?
We have a 2003 Desert Sky Blue Tbird with the White performance top and standard black interior. According to the production figures that I have found it is one of 58 made that year with that combination. The production data was published on the thunderbird forum website.

medurham

My 2002 that I purchased five years ago is T-Bird blue and has a white hardtop. Does anyone know why it wouldn't have been painted the same color as the car? Does that lower the value of my car?

Here's mine, also a 2002 blue with the white top. It came straight from the dealer this way, I am second owner. It has rarely been driven with the white top on the car hence looks like new. It's April here in north Idaho and I'm planning on removing the top so we can cruise convertible down when the temps get a bit higher.
My wife and I like the color contrast, and plan to put wide white wall tires on it soon that will complete the white on the vehicle. Mark
T-Bird left.jpg

I have a Red w/ red top 2002 (all black interior) and I kind of wish I had a white top like the one on the Forum banner above.. I have a fellow TBird owner in my city that has a white on white so we have joked about trading tops as he thought the red top with his red interior and white body would look smashing., and I would get my white top.. BTW I like the two tone blue and white.. I also like the look when the soft top is on my red Bird.. Love the black and red.. So I also thought a black hardtop on my red bird would also look great.. My preference would be the white hardtop though..

20190217_114324.jpg

Last edited:

Frankie the Fink

Decades ago there was a study done that found that cars with contrasting color tops (e.g. the old "two-tone") were involved in less accidents due to being more visible. (Also that red cars were in more accidents and white cars in fewer). Something to think about in Florida with 30% of drivers uninsured (highest in the whole nation)

And for BillM ;->
IMG_0512.jpg

I think a contrasting color hardtop is incredible looking, my 61 Corvette hardtop would normally have been a body color cut the white one I finally acquired looked better IMO. View attachment 16078
The only reason to sell one classic is to get a better classic. I remember going to dealer with my father and they had a used dark blue split window for 3500 dollars but brand new Impala was 1700. He had too many kids for vette so we went home with dark blue impala.

We have a 2003 Desert Sky Blue Tbird with the White performance top and standard black interior. According to the production figures that I have found it is one of 58 made that year with that combination. The production data was published on the thunderbird forum website.
I have a 03 desert sky blue with a black top,numbers say it's 1 of five, I love it, I don't even remove the top I like it so much!

Frankie the Fink

The only reason to sell one classic is to get a better classic. I remember going to dealer with my father and they had a used dark blue split window for 3500 dollars but brand new Impala was 1700. He had too many kids for vette so we went home with dark blue impala.
The 63 is literally worth too much to drive now, hence the purchase of the 2002 TBird two years ago. Color me surprised. I bought it on a whim for the wife and the TBird just hit every mark for a "relaxed cruiser" for us on the Florida back roads.

You sorta get three cars in one with sort top up, or down, and the hardtop on; all with different looks. I honestly didn't expect to like it so much.

Quickdraw

2004 Member of the Year
Do you know how many Blue with White hardtop were sold new @Quickdraw

For ALL four years there were 674 blue with white hardtops made. For 2002 there were 448 Thunderbird blue with Performance White hardtops made. The only way to find out how many cars were made exactly like yours (including bordy, hardtop, and interior colors, select shift options, wheels, etc) is to to leave your vin here: https://forums.fordthunderbirdforum.com/threads/find-out-how-rare-your-02-05-thunderbird-is.3010/