2002 anti-lock brake, traction alert, radio off, wipers off?

G

gbravo

Last seen
Driving in rain yesterday, suddenly radio goes off, anti-lock brake and traction control panel alerts display...made to destination for short stop. Re-start drive fine for about a mile then same sequence occurs with the added bonus of wiper malfunction (extremely intermittent) and engine power goes to over-heat mode.. (temp normal) Ideas?
Thoughts? much appreciated. (87k mileage...thermostat replaced in July '17.)

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Driving in rain yesterday, suddenly radio goes off, anti-lock brake and traction control panel alerts display...made to destination for short stop. Re-start drive fine for about a mile then same sequence occurs with the added bonus of wiper malfunction (extremely intermittent) and engine power goes to over-heat mode.. (temp normal) Ideas?
Thoughts? much appreciated. (87k mileage...thermostat replaced in July '17.)
Sounds like the FEM is going bad. (Front electronic module). once I replaced mine the problems were gone

Reference: antilock/traction control system. The electrical cables that connect to the wheel sensors are two short. I have had two of them stretch and cause an open circuit.
When you install a new one the cable is also too short, you have to stretch it to connect it in the harness. The cables should probably be an inch or two longer.

Sounds like the FEM is going bad. (Front electronic module). once I replaced mine the problems were gone
That's be my call too. Too many unrelated issues concurrently happening in these systems to be an issue in any single one of them, has to be something that is a nexus for those systems and, generally, its the FEM...

Back