2002 AC compressor leaking oil from shaft

Wild Turkey

Wild Turkey

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
2002 AC compresort has leaked a few drops of oil out the front of it. Would the AC Pro, recharger and leak sealer fix this. Or do I need a new compressor, I drove it today it is 99 degrees and it is blowing 60 degrees out the vents. Thanks

2002 AC compresort has leaked a few drops of oil out the front of it. Would the AC Pro, recharger and leak sealer fix this. Or do I need a new compressor, I drove it today it is 99 degrees and it is blowing 60 degrees out the vents. Thanks
My 2002 had its ac compressor replaced just prior to me purchasing the car last year with 67k miles, you may be able to service it and get some more life out of it but if you are getting drips of oil out the shaft seal it's on the way out.

AC Pro, recharger and leak sealer fix this.
We used something different to seal a refrigerant leak in the Evaporator in our 2004 Jeep. Im not sure if it helps with your issue though. It was the only one that worked. We paid a shop to use Red Angel stop leak which is very popular and has a money back guarantee, but no luck with it.

Leak seal agents do not work well on moving parts. If you are only seeing a few drops of green oil, then you still have some life left, how much who knows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back