2002-2003-2004-2005 Door Ajar Switch XF2Z14018AD for warning light

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
biddle

biddle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Door ajar "RED" alert lamp on dash panel stays lite anytime when ignition is turned on. Open and close either door and the interior mirror lamps will respond as they should when in a dark area, Seat belt alarm works as it should so that should not affect that lamp. I would think that the door switch that monitors the door open is the same one as the interior lamps control is monitored, that should eliminate either door open switch. Need to determine why the lamp doesn't turn off when nether door is not open or ajar? I'm opened for suggestions!

Did you check the trunk switch?

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue
Door Ajar.jpg

Read the other post on the door idiot light on the dash. Mine is on constant. I checked the trunk as suggested and played with that whole setup with no success. So my question is what else could me causing the light to stay on? Where on the door are the actual devices. They don't seem to be near the hinges like the older cars.

Read the other post
Next time, reply to that existing post rather than creating a new topic. You are much more likely to get a reply. I will merge your post with a related topic.

Did you check and or adjust the hood open switch. It's on the driver's side fender about half way.

The open or unmatched hood, trunk lid & both doors are all in the same circuit anyone of them will cause the indicator light to come on & stay on. The doors do not have a push switch like cars of the past. The ajar switch is inside the door activated by the door being latched.

Read the other post on the door idiot light on the dash. Mine is on constant. I checked the trunk as suggested and played with that whole setup with no success. So my question is what else could me causing the light to stay on? Where on the door are the actual devices. They don't seem to be near the hinges like the older cars.
Door Switch.jpg

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Back