1997 TBird using oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

babybluet

Last seen
Hi-
My 97 Tbird has begun to use oil however there are no signs of any problems that would cause this. A quart low every three or four days. Any ideas on what the problem could be?
Thanks
BabyBlue TB 03

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

What engine do you have. I know that at least on the 3.8s (both SC and n/a) have an issue with the valve covers coming loose and leaking oil. If you don't have the blue-ish smoke coming out of the exhaust, you're leaking it somewhere. That's the first place I would look. From there, check around the oil pan, filter, etc. Any place that oil would flow through that can provide a place to leak.

it dosent matter what engine you have all of the 3.8s and 4.6l engines have issues of burning oil it all has to deal with the valves after 60,000 miles the vavle guides go bad in the engines it can be pritty pricey to fix them

Hi-
My 97 Tbird has begun to use oil however there are no signs of any problems that would cause this. A quart low every three or four days. Any ideas on what the problem could be?
Thanks
BabyBlue TB 03

is the car smoking or anything like that any oil spots where u park it could also be the rear main seal gone bad......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back