1997 ford thunderbird project car

Cjsector9
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Im currently working on a 1997 ford thunderbird i recently purchased. Its the 1997 ford thunderbird 4.6L v8 and i need help with identifying wires that are in the back of the passenger side engine bay. Im wanting to replace this part but find the name to replace it

Attachments

• 20180228_101938.jpg
    20180228_101938.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 0

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Your picture is of part of the engine compartment wire harness. My suggestion is to find a candidate in a U-Pull lot that is a recent drop on the lot. If I remember correctly 96 and 97 Thunderbird and Cougar use the same harness with the 4.6. Pack a lunch, it will take you most of the day to pull it. You'll need to start inside the car where the connector is on the ECU and work in to the engine compartment. The butt connectors shown in the photo will virtually assure that it will NEVER work right.....you want the whole assembly with as many factory connectors as possible. Figure its going to set you back +- $100, a days work to pull it and another day to swap it in to your car. Been there, done it, on a bunch of cars over the years, and some are super easy (Saab 900...45 minutes) to the V6 Contour, whose labor guide is 14 hrs!! Also, blow the big bux on a used factory service manual.....I got mine off e-Bay for less than $20 and its been a real help

Back