1993 Bird Blower Motor Runs Continuously

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
T

Twister7096

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have a 1993 T-Bird with a 3.8 L. My Question is relative to the HVAC Blower. As soon as the key is turned to the on position, the HVAC Blower turns on. The switch is off... now when the MAX A/C button is pushed the blower speed is fully controlled low to high. Any Thoughts would be great.

I have a 1993 T-Bird with a 3.8 L. My Question is relative to the HVAC Blower. As soon as the key is turned to the on position, the HVAC Blower turns on. The switch is off... now when the MAX A/C button is pushed the blower speed is fully controlled low to high. Any Thoughts would be great.

TWISTER 7906:
I'm not sure if our panels are the same, but in Helen (my '96 4.6ltr LX) the fan-speed-control knob (left side) has to be set to LOW to stop airflow. Otherwise I guess the temp control feature takes over and forces air out even when fan is set to off. I'm using heat now for winter, so...at least for me, the fan knob on LOW and the temp gauge set to the lowest setting. Warm air is still forced out, but not constantly... more like the furnace at home . Don't know if that helps or not. Let me know cuz now I'm curious. Good luck.

The two controllers are pretty much the same you may have to switch out the entire control they have this problem

I think, your blower motor resistor (behind glove box) needs to be replaced. the blower keeps on turning on full speed, depending on the last measured value it delivered

Back