1988 delete air pump on 3 8 v6

C
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
The car I bought has no cat, so the air pump has no function on the 88 year OBD system. On some slightly newer mustangs with the 3.8 but no air pump there is a factory bracket and pulley the same size as the air pump. Does anybody know what year mustang, thunderbird, cougar or other Ford with a 3.8 has this?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Air pump is not related to the catalytic converter, however I think the pulley you are looking at is on some vehicles that don't have a/c. My '94 service truck had one of those. It might fit in place of an air pump as well. I am not positive about that. I think I have seen one of those on a 4.6 as well, If I remember which one I will try to look it up...

Air pump is not related to the catalytic converter, however I think the pulley you are looking at is on some vehicles that don't have a/c. My '94 service truck had one of those. It might fit in place of an air pump as well. I am not positive about that. I think I have seen one of those on a 4.6 as well, If I remember which one I will try to look it up...
Thanks, that's what I need, model and year info to tell the wreckers. I only saw a photo of a 3.8 in a mustang that no longer utilized an air pump but the year of the car was not shown. I successfully removed these pumps from a 5.0 and 5.8 without adding a pulley, but the Tbird belt routing doesn't lend itself to running without a pulley in the location where the air pump is.

My truck was a 94 F350, 460. And a 95 F250 351.

Back