1986 Aftermarket Parts

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
rose62
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Greetings all, from north Georgia

Yesterday I went to look at an '86, 5.0 car that's been sitting about seven years. Extra straight body. I mean for real. All the clear coat on the upper body is gone. It's only got 81K miles on it. He is asking 2K I offered $600. It just seems that the things that it need simply aren't available for a reasonable price, if all all. For instance front seat upholstery, side molding, various light housings.

Is there any aftermarked for these cars at all?

For instance front seat upholstery, side molding, various light housings.

Is there any aftermarked for these cars at all?
As you have discovered, the answer is no. People get body parts for old cars like this at Junkyards or on ebay.

As far as upholstery goes, you need to find someone in your area who does that. They will recreate the pattern with new material. As Mike said, wrecking yard or ebay for the rest. Sometimes you can also find stuff on Craigslist.

It's such a shame, as most enthusiast would be much better served by a T-Bird than a Fox Mustang.

Depending on what you need parts are available, just not as easy as a Mustang.

Back