1985 5.0 cam specs

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Angelo B78
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hey everyone,
I'm in the process of looking for a new cam for my 5.0 302 tbird.
First, do these things have a hydraulic roller or a hydraulic tappet cam? The internet hasn't given me an answer I like yet lol.
Secondly, Does anyone know where I can get the camshaft specs for this year/engine. I'd like to know the valve lift and duration, so I can make an informed decision on my cam choice.
I'm looking at an edelbrock cam: part number 2122 as of right now but that may change in the future.
Anyway, thanks everybody!
I was also able to install some bbk longtube headers and x-pipe on my car. I want to upload a video or something here because it sounds awesome and I've been wanting to do it for a while and I finished it about 3 months ago.
headers and x-pipe came from bbk and where for a mustang of the same year. I had to modify the transmission linkage but everything works perfect now.

If your car has the original engine it SHOULD be a hydraulic flat tappet cam. I can't help with the stock cam numbers but I wish you good luck with your project.

If your car has the original engine it SHOULD be a hydraulic flat tappet cam. I can't help with the stock cam numbers but I wish you good luck with your project
Thank you, appreciate the input

Back