1977 T-Bird special option packages

Status
Not open for further replies.
All,

I used to own a '77 TBird that had a really souped up factory package, but I can't remember the name of the package and would like to find out what it was.

The car had the velour seats, power everthing, acrylic hood ornament, royal or sapphire blue paint job, gold designed wheels and gold pinstriping, moon roof, opera windows.

Does anyone know that name of this special edition of the TBird.

Thanks!

Well, there were three different options in the '77-'79 model years. If I remember correctly, there were only 2 for the '77 model year, though. The 2 for '77 were the Diamond Jubilee and the Town Landau. The other one, which debuted in '79 was the Heritage Edition. So if yours was a '77, I would imagine it was a Diamond Jubilee, thus the blue paint job. However, if you're looking for a Town Landau, I've got one for sale for $1000. It needs a few things, but I've got most of the things it needs. Let me know if you're interested. :)

Rick

All,

I used to own a '77 TBird that had a really souped up factory package, but I can't remember the name of the package and would like to find out what it was.

The car had the velour seats, power everthing, acrylic hood ornament, royal or sapphire blue paint job, gold designed wheels and gold pinstriping, moon roof, opera windows.

Does anyone know that name of this special edition of the TBird.

Thanks!

For 1977 there was a mid year edition named the Town Landau that ran through 1979
For 1978 there was at the beginning of the new model year and the 1978 Diamond Jubilee arrived on the scene with the Diamond Blue Metallic paint and vinyl roof luxury cloth seats with mid year Leather becoming optional along with the T-Roof option availability!
For 1979 there was at the beginning of the year the Heritage made its way to the scene!

For 1977 there was a mid year edition named the Town Landau that ran through 1979 Model Year
For 1978 there was at the beginning of the new Model Year and the 1978 Diamond Jubilee arrived on the scene with the Diamond Blue Metallic paint or Ember Metallic Paint with matching vinyl roof luxury cloth biscuit Luxury Cloth pattern seats. The Spring Color's introductions included color additions were Polar White with either the blue or Ember interiors and pastel beige with Ember interiors along with Leather seating becoming optional along with the T-Roof option availability!
Then there were the 1978-79 Sports decor packages with the chamois trunk straps and colored keyed side moldings and poly cast wheels!
For 1979, at the beginning of the year the Heritage made its way to the scene at the top of the T-Bird list a carry over of the 78 Diamond Jubilee! An updated large egg crate grill and larger tail lamps Dark Maroon or Light Blue with several mid year "Spring Color" additions added to the list: Polar White with padded Polar white vinyl roof and Red luxury Interior or Blue luxury interior. Red Glow with Maroon padded vinyl roof and Red luxury interior. Midnight Blue Metallic with light medium Blue padded vinyl roof and Blue luxury interior and last but not least Pastel Chamois with Maroon padded vinyl roof with Red luxury interior. I have documented all of the color choices listed here!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back