1977 Miscellaneous accessories

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Idkasp
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hey!
I just picked up a '77 Town Landau. Runs and drives like a dream. I've been able to find mechanical and electrical components only on RockAuto. And I've had absolutely no luck finding trim pieces, decals, emblems, etc anywhere online for this particular year. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Hey!
I just picked up a '77 Town Landau. Runs and drives like a dream. I've been able to find mechanical and electrical components only on RockAuto. And I've had absolutely no luck finding trim pieces, decals, emblems, etc anywhere online for this particular year. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

I have a 1981 Ford Thunderbird & I find on line parts checking Salvage Yards.

Hope this helps---Bob Riley

Hey!

Hi Idkasp,
Do an inventory of what you need, write it down, prioritize the list. Things you need most up top, progressing down to the least important. Start looking on eBay for the top things you need. Ebay is overwhelming unless you focus on key things. A search like '1977 Thunderbird' is likely to return thousands of hits, but '1977 Thunderbird rear window trim' should return less. Start looking at salvage yard inventories, start in your state. They have online search and request forms you can ask for stuff you require. They will look for the parts and get back to you. They share national databases with other salvage yards. You have to become saavy at searching on the internet.
Regards,
Gbird

Thank you Gbird. I've always taken care of, and fixed my vehicles, but this car is a first for me in many ways. So I've got a lot to learn.

Hood ornament and the "Town Landau" decal for a window. I'd like to replace the carpet and headliner as well. Most everything else that I know of just needs to be repaired or cleaned.

Hood ornament and the "Town Landau" decal for a window. I'd like to replace the carpet and headliner as well. Most everything else that I know of just needs to be repaired or cleaned.
Despite the above remarks about e-bay, I know for certain that ebay will provide listings for the carpet for your vehicle and maybe the hood ornament. I have an ornament if you cannot locate one on e-bay; and the headliner can be replaced at your local trim shop--where headliners and interiors are replaced.

I have found some factory spec carpets online. I haven't found the decal anywhere yet. And the only hood ornament I found was about 500 dollars. I'll just wait to find one elsewhere before I pay that for it.

Idkasp,
For carpet and floor mats:
https://www.accmats.com

Did a quick product search and they have your year. I will buy from them once I get to that stage with my 67. I'd recommend upgrading to the padded backing too.

Regards,
Gbird

Thank you. It will take some time for me to get the car where I want. I'll take my time and have fun watching it come back to its formal glory. I want to do right by it. So I have time to shop around and do some searching.

Hey!

Vintage Part Source
Vintage Ford Thunderbird
Parts and Services . Google this site or summit.com . EBAY has a lot of stuff also

Back