1972 tail light socket part number

S
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi all, need help with my Son's '72. All (10) tail lights are hit-&-miss if they work, including the brake lights! The sockets are so corroded that if you wiggle the wires they will go on and off. I'm trying to find replacements with NO luck. The ones listed for '72 are a spring finger type, not the twist and lock shown below. The ones for '73 are closer but the fingers look to be too wide. I tried a Dorman 85898 and it worked but I had to seriously hack at the fingers with a razor knife. Anyone know what the OEM Ford P/N is? Maye a replacement?

Also does anyone know where to get the tool to release the wires?

Thanks in advance!
BradIMG_2931.JPGIMG_2935.JPG

IMG_2937.JPG

That is how I see it looking at the picture. I just looked the part up since you asked for the part number.

And I missed your second question - you don't need a tool to release the wire. You just cut the wires to the old socket and use a crimp connector to wire the new socket to the existing wiring.

I agree this is what is calls for but the hole it goes into looks like the pic below so this looks like it would be sloppy at best. Anyone know the actual Ford P/N for the part I'm holding above? Brad

tail2.PNG

yes i have the part number for my 73 and it looks identical. # D3MY-13410A I would imagine for your car the number would start D2 not D3
Have you found the right part I am desperately seeking the same thing. I tried the same dorman as well as others NO LUCK AT ALL

Back