1971 door parts

N
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I had to reglue the window and found that the plastic structure of the arm rest had previously been broken apart and then glued haphazardly back together. I’d like to replace it vs rebuilding it. The part number stamped is DOSB-6524145-DW-RX. Do any of you fine folks know where I might procure saud plastic part?

The armrest substructure plastic is a real issue with these. There is a guy at the tbird ranch, his name is John Draxler, he can remake one for you. I’ve seen the finished project and it looks very good. It will require him getting your trim plate, armrest pad and switch plate to get proper fitment. There is also a Lincoln place on eBay that has started selling remanufactured plastic frames. As far as finding a good used one I wish you luck, problem is anytime these were taken apart I swear whoever put them back felt tightening till they cracked was the proper method. That and the fact that any used one is also nearly 50 year old plastic as well. I’m still t tying to decide which way I’ll repair mine. I have considered plastic welding but as of yet haven’t tried so don’t know the results

The armrest substructure plastic is a real issue with these. There is a guy at the tbird ranch, his name is John Draxler, he can remake one for you. I’ve seen the finished project and it looks very good. It will require him getting your trim plate, armrest pad and switch plate to get proper fitment. There is also a Lincoln place on eBay that has started selling remanufactured plastic frames. As far as finding a good used one I wish you luck, problem is anytime these were taken apart I swear whoever put them back felt tightening till they cracked was the proper method. That and the fact that any used one is also nearly 50 year old plastic as well. I’m still t tying to decide which way I’ll repair mine. I have considered plastic welding but as of yet haven’t tried so don’t know the results
Thank you. I bought a plastic welding kit and gonna try that. If it works ok I’ll fiberglass over.

Thank you. I bought a plastic welding kit. Gonna try that and the fiberglass over.

no go as of now. I attempted to do the welding process but need to research further on how to be more detailed. some of the busted pieces are as small as 3/4 inch and my cromagnon hands aren't accustomed to detail work. i'm half tempted to make it out of wood.

Hey, thanks for the update. Was curious how it would turn out. John at the tbird ranch has remade some not out of wood but metal. He had sent me some pics and they looked real good. The place on eBay has lowered the price on the ones they have made but I haven’t pulled the trigger on anything yet.

Back