1970 Fan Speed Question

M

Merc100maker

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have a new to me 70 thunderbird, and have slowly been getting g things back in working order. However I have a dumb question: How does the fan speed on the climate control work? I am assuming that there is one speed for de ice, one for de fog...

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

For better results please include a subject or title that summarizes your post. I will revise it for you. Thanks for posting.

No idea really. Probably all vacuum controlled and at this point I'd wager it's not working as it was originally intended. Mine on my 1969 was removed long ago by a previous owner. So now I am stuck with blaring heat unless I bypass the heater core all together.

The Auto Climate Controls do indeed have a vacuum powered fan switch under the dash. I haven't dug into mine yet (not working well) so I don't have a lot of details.

The Auto Climate Controls do indeed have a vacuum powered fan switch under the dash. I haven't dug into mine yet (not working well) so I don't have a lot of details.
yes a switch for the fan, but for the temperature control itself where is that at? My fan works, its just the heat control doesn't.

Back