1969 Thunderbird whizzing or hissing noise heard when shifting car into gear

OneAmongOthers

OneAmongOthers

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
So today after a long wait I finally got the car together enough to take it for a drive around my yard (I have like 2 acres). Problem is now when shifting into gear after that long time sitting it makes this whizzing or hissing noise. What could I be possibly looking at?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

So today after a long wait I finally got the car together enough to take it for a drive around my yard (I have like 2 acres). Problem is now when shifting into gear after that long time sitting it makes this whizzing or hissing noise. What could I be possibly looking at?
Sounds like a vacuum leak on vacuum line going to trans. Trace it from trans to where it hooks up on the engine or carburetor

There's a couple vacuum lines that hook up on the underneath of your steering column . Make sure it didn't break or pop off. There's also a vacuum like coming off or around your carb going to the trans. Check that also. GOOD LUCK

Back