1969 lines going into Powerbooster check valve?

OneAmongOthers

OneAmongOthers

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
What are these two lines going into my check valve on the power booster? I know one is engine vacuum, but the other? It seems to go into the firewall and somewhere in the car.
IMG_0151.JPG

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

If it goes into the car it might be the HVAC vacuum supply... just a guess.

If you can't reuse the old fitting you any have to tee the vac line in somewhere else. I guess leave it off and see what isn't working. Don't have my service manual at work :/

Maybe the vac supply to the automatic emergency brake release?

Yes, there is a manual lever as well, but I think the automatic release feature was standard. It would make sense to me that the vac for the emergency brake release would be the same source as the power brakes. That vac line would have no reserve canister. The automatic feature was designed to function only when the engine is running, thus supplying vacuum. Moving the gear selector to drive would engage the neutral safety switch to release the brake.

I just ordered one so I'll see when it arrives.
The one for the 66 is way too large. Also I think I know what that second line is for. It may be for the cruise control vacuum control. I popped the original one off the car and stuck it into my new powerbooster and it fit perfectly.
IMG_0164.JPG

Back