1969 cruise control lever name

Al Wolf
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Ok before I start I know the factory cruise is only so-so, that said everything else on my driver car works so I’d like to get cruise working too. The issue is the vacuum thing by the fire wall. First can someone give the the proper name, the accordion looking thing for cruise isn’t pulling much up on google.
Second are there more years that will fit, or work with mods.
Thanks for any help in advance.

I would recommend against using the old cruise control. My 69 too came with the cruise control stuff and it doesn't work. It was a dangerous system that can get stuck and not disengage making the car hard to stop. I pulled most of it out. It's just not worth your time imo.

Ok before I start I know the factory cruise is only so-so, that said everything else on my driver car works so I’d like to get cruise working too. The issue is the vacuum thing by the fire wall. First can someone give the the proper name, the accordion looking thing for cruise isn’t pulling much up on google.
Second are there more years that will fit, or work with mods.
Thanks for any help in advance.
The part you described is the throttle actuator.
The factory training manual, "Vol-69-S8-L2 Bendix Speed Control"
is available in the attached mustangtek.

Vic

Attachments

• bedix-speed-control.pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 3
Last edited by a moderator:
The part you described is the throttle actuator.
The factory training manual, "Vol-69-S8-L2 Bendix Speed Control"
is available in the mustangtek library:

Vic
Umm isn't there more? I have another component in my engine bay I had though was connected to the system as well. I'll have to take a picture of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks that’s the part, looks different but just needed name.
Yes there is more on thunderbird there is a control box on inner fender if I remember correctly. Bunch of wires to it and vacuum to the actuator.

Back