1968 headlight cover not closing

Spabby
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I habe a 1968 2door tbird and im having a problem with the passenger side headlight assembly. When turning the headlights on, there’s really no problem, both sides open but the passenger side is a bit slower. When I turn them off, the driver side ligh closes fine but the passenger side doesn’t close at all and I have to go close it by hand. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I habe a 1968 2door tbird and im having a problem with the passenger side headlight assembly. When turning the headlights on, there’s really no problem, both sides open but the passenger side is a bit slower. When I turn them off, the driver side ligh closes fine but the passenger side doesn’t close at all and I have to go close it by hand. Does anyone know what the problem might be?
Check your vacuum lines. Best to change them all to new !

Check your vacuum lines. Best to change them all to new !
Could be a vacuum line or it could be your vacuum motors going out on you as well. I'd say check both to see if you got any leaks in them. Hope it's not the vacuum motor. Myself personally I ripped out all that vacuum stuff and got the electric headlight conversion kit.

That’s for the info! I’ll give it a look when I find the time.

Back