1967 Door panel removal

FishEpperson

FishEpperson

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
How do I remove the door panels on a 67 2 door. Just got it yesterday and the windows worked but after pulling it in the shop and rolling down both windows they will not roll up. No noise at all, you can't hear the motor at all. Thing is I drove it home from 2 hour away and they worked. Also the 2 back windows will not work

"Door panels" is too vague. Members see a list of topics and good subjects get more responses. Also, include your 4 digit model year as prompted. Subject updated.

model-year-TBF.jpg

There is some bolts in the door armrest that needs to be removed. After that you need to pop the clips holding the door panel onto the door. I suggest you get yourself a door panel removal tool. Otherwise you could damage the very old corkboard of the door panel. Now after those are out you just lift up on the door panel to remove it from the door. Careful of the electric motor switch and wires for the rearview mirror plus the handle that opens the door.

Thank you. We just got it yesterday. It has a few things to fix but we love it.

When you have the door card off do a quick test of the motor itself. if you have a two wire motor then you'll find that one wire is for up and the other is for down. The car door is the ground path. Your motor may be Ok and the switch may be faulty and need cleaning. Lube the mechanism while the door is apart.

When you have the door card off do a quick test of the motor itself. if you have a two wire motor then you'll find that one wire is for up and the other is for down. The car door is the ground path. Your motor may be Ok and the switch may be faulty and need cleaning. Lube the mechanism while the door is apart.
It was the relay under the hood

I was incorrect about the wiring being one for up and one for down with the chassis being the ground. I confused the window motor with the power antenna motor. i was working with both recently. The window motor is a simple two wire motor. The window switch simply reverses polarity for up and down rotation..

Back