1967 a/c trouble

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
FishEpperson

FishEpperson

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Just got a 1967 Thunderbird last week and discovered the blower only works on high, also it only blows out of the left vent, nothing out of the middle or passenger vents. The gas gauge did not work and I figured out the plug on the sending unit was turned wrong. I flipped it over and it works now but it shows wrong. It has 3/4 of a tank and the gauge goes 1/4 past full. I am new to Thunderbirds so any help would be appreciated

Just got a 1967 Thunderbird last week and discovered the blower only works on high, also it only blows out of the left vent, nothing out of the middle or passenger vents. The gas gauge did not work and I figured out the plug on the sending unit was turned wrong. I flipped it over and it works now but it shows wrong. It has 3/4 of a tank and the gauge goes 1/4 past full. I am new to Thunderbirds so any help would be appreciated
Sounds like some of the duct is disconnected. If the air is making it all the way to the drivers vent that would be my first inclination. The switch itself may be wonky. Can’t help you there.

It's probably the float in the tank is going bad and needs replaced. The gauge is moving so you know you're getting power to it. Sounds like the blower motor or switch is bad and maybe a plugged or loose or broke vacuum line on the A/C. That's what changes the air from floor, dash, defrosters etc

Back