1966 windshield wiper issues

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

The wipers are not electric, they’re hydraulic. They’re powered by the power steering pump. If you look under the hood you’ll see lines running from the power steering to the top center of the firewall and back. Is the power steering operating okay? If so, it’s more likely the control valve or the cable which are both accessed under the cowl in front of the windshield.

66 bird windshield wiper stop working, trying

Please include a model year in your subject on your future posts as well as a brief summary. "Windshield Wipers" has been updated.

started the car and guess what? the wipers work. thanks

I, also, am having issues with my wipers on my 66 Tbird. They had been acting sluggish, going very slow to go up and would stop in full-up position and would not go back to park position, unless I grabbed the wipers and pushed them down. I checked the cable and it is moving in and out all the way. I decided to take hydraulic motor off, which was not easy to remove driver side shaft off the motor. I took the top section off to clean it and cleaned the 3 gears I found under the cover. I then put it all together, hooked up lines to motor, and turned on wipers and NOTHING! The wipers would not move at all. Are the 3 gears supposed to go in any set way, or what else could have happened? I have spent the last two days working on this (most of it trying to get the driver wiper shaft back on the motor) and am totally stumped and frustrated. Can anyone help? I tried to see if there was any youtube video on this, but was not able to find anything anywhere. Thanks in advance for your help.

Back