1966 Windshield Washer Pump Switch Clip

P
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I’m missing the spring clip that holds the windshield washer switch housing in place. It is part # 378366-S2. I’ve ‘Googled’ it and checked all the usual places (ebay, Larry’s, Mac’s) but can’t find one. In the schematic it is #21 and I’m not sure if a regular spring clip that you can aftermarket at Home Depot, etc, would work. Looking for any other part leads or alternative solutions.
8C329F47-EC0A-4A06-AF1E-4C502B7032D3.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m missing the spring clip that holds the windshield washer switch housing in place. It is part # 378366-S2. I’ve ‘Googled’ it and checked all the usual places (ebay, Larry’s, Mac’s) but can’t find one. In the schematic it is #21 and I’m not sure if a regular spring clip that you can aftermarket at Home Depot, etc, would work. Looking for any other part leads or alternative solutions.
View attachment 16230
where is that located, I should have that

Mark, I have a 66 Hardtop and it’s located in the same area under the dash as the clock. You have to remove the four screws next to the interior/map lights to get access. The washer switch (and the clip) are at the end of the washer arm.

Tim

I see its under the body cover, can I take the cover off without affecting the windshield trim?

Mark, I have a 66 Hardtop and it’s located in the same area under the dash as the clock. You have to remove the four screws next to the interior/map lights to get access. The washer switch (and the clip) are at the end of the washer arm.

Tim
ok I will go take a look nevermind my last post wrong area. I'll go look now and get back tyo you

ok I will go take a look nevermind my last post wrong area. I'll go look now and get back tyo you
Tim, I took out the dash part that has that washer lever control , clock and etc, now i see the speaker but don't see the clip anywhere what am I missing? Ill go back and look for the washer arm.

Mark, that’s awesome. Thanks so much for looking! Do you have a parts car? Hate to take apart a working car. I’ll send you a text.
Tim

Back