1966 town landau

D
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hey guys, I own a 1966 t-bird with two factory stamped vin numbers, anyone ever seen this?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

My '64 has the VIN # stamped into the sheet metal on the cross member in front of the radiator. Not aware of another location. Where are your VIN #s located?

Hopefully they're all the same number.

On the 1964, the serial number is on a plate inside the door. it is also stamped on the crossmember by the radiator, and on the metal underneath the (removable) cowl. I would guess that the 1965-66 would be the same, but don't know. Newer cars have the VIN number in more places.

True story: a friend of mine has a stolen car. It is a 1968 Dodge Charger. Somebody in Massachusetts (I think) bought the car new, and a short time later the car was stolen. It was reported, and after a period of time the insurance company bought him a new car. The crook kept the car, eventually replacing the grille and trim to make it look like a 69, and used it for many years. It became old and collectible, and he took it to local car shows. One day he moved to Kansas. When he tried to register the car, they raised an eyebrow over a phony VIN number. They checked in other places and did a search -- found the car reported stolen. One day the original owner got a phone call from the police -- surprise surprise! He no longer needed or wanted the car, so he sold it to my friend.

Hi Gary, thanks for the info. I'll check out the door plate. I guess your friend's car may not have matching numbers but he does have an interesting story to tell.

Back