1966 Town Landau Window Problems

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Kiwi Dan
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have a 66 Landau that while driving the electric windows work fine, but if I stop turn off motor then restart whithin a minute or two the windows don't work, if let it be for about ten minutes they start working again.
Any Ideas

Don't expect responses with a vague title like
1966 Town Landau.

I revised it for you.

I have a 66 Landau that while driving the electric windows work fine, but if I stop turn off motor then restart whithin a minute or two the windows don't work, if let it be for about ten minutes they start working again.
Any Ideas
Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. It's been a long time (1973) since I worked on a Thunderbird of that year. Is it possible there is a relay that is getting hot and stops working until it cools down again? It could get hot due to a short in the wiring and making it heat up while the car is powered up. That would explain why it will work again after a short cool down period. A bad enough short should blow a fuse. Do you have a proper fuse in the power window circuit?

Any Ideas
Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. It's been a long time (1973) since I worked on a Thunderbird of that year. Is it possible there is a relay that is getting hot and stops working until it cools down again? It could get hot due to a short in the wiring and making it heat up while the car is powered up. That would explain why it will work again after a short cool down period. A bad enough short should blow a fuse. Do you have a proper fuse in the power window circuit?
I have had a look at the fuses they look to be the right ones, and none blown, will get a mechanic to check them over. Many thanks

Back