1966 Thunderbird PCV

BigRob89
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hello! I just bought a 1966 Thunderbird that has sat for years. I bought a new carburetor that uses a dual fuel line. The issue I have is the metal tube that runs from the front of the intake and into the back. The PCV plugs into this tube. The tube doesn’t allow enough clearance for the dual fuel line. The carb has a vacuum connection for a pcv. Is it possible to remove the metal tube and block it then plug the pcv into the carb? Please excuse my ignorance on this. I’m not even certain what the tube is called. I’ve attached a picture. The tube in question is the blue one on the left. Thanks for any help you could give.

Attachments

• FD52ECF0-B6C4-4C40-AB21-40C1333F184D.jpeg
    FD52ECF0-B6C4-4C40-AB21-40C1333F184D.jpeg
    137.9 KB · Views: 4
Hi from what I understand this is totally fine and some might even say preferred since it will distribute the "vapors" more evenly in the engine rather to one or two cylinders. So just a re-route and your back in business. My two cents is buy a new PCV (super cheap) and new hose lines so you can check that off the list. Bad PCV and cracked hoses can cause issues in a few ways. Man have fun my 1963 bird has been an experience.

Thanks! I ended up sending it back and getting an Edelbrock. Checked with others on how to route the metal tube differently and they all said I couldn’t. I got a new pcv. I’m pretty much replacing everything on it since it sat so long. Now I just have to figure out how to install the throttle cable to this Edelbrock

Glad you got the edlebrock. I am currently looking to get one as well. I installed one on my last FE 390 and it was great. my current auto lite is causing me problems with very rich running and fouling my plugs. good luck!!

Back