1966 TBird - Service Manuals?

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
BigDaddy66
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi Folks,
I'm a noob in this forum - just got a brand new (well sort of ;-) ) 1966 TBird. Needs a lot of work! I'm struggling with wiring issues at the moment.

Is there a resource any of you might have used for electrical diagrams?

Specifically, I am having a start issue (some previous owner bypass work), signal lights not working, and 4 way flashers not working. I need a good starting point before I get in to deep.

Thanks in advance...

Hi,
Welcome to the wonderful world of Thunderbirds. First thing to do is subscribe to Hemmings Motor News. They are the Bible of the old car hobby and have a seemingly unlimited amount of suppliers and dealers just waiting to help with your old car project. Second, buy a shop manual for your '66, several suppliers of these are in Hemmings and/or online. It may also be worthwhile to purchase shop manuals for 1964 and'65 Thunderbirds. I have a 1960 'Bird and have found that some information contained in the '58 and '59 manuals is not in the manual for 1960. This may also be the case for your '66.
John W. 60 HT

Hi,
Welcome to the wonderful world of Thunderbirds. First thing to do is subscribe to Hemmings Motor News. They are the Bible of the old car hobby and have a seemingly unlimited amount of suppliers and dealers just waiting to help with your old car project. Second, buy a shop manual for your '66, several suppliers of these are in Hemmings and/or online. It may also be worthwhile to purchase shop manuals for 1964 and'65 Thunderbirds. I have a 1960 'Bird and have found that some information contained in the '58 and '59 manuals is not in the manual for 1960. This may also be the case for your '66.
John W. 60 HT
That sounds like a great place to start! Thanks John!!

Hi Folks,
I'm a noob in this forum - just got a brand new (well sort of ;-) ) 1966 TBird. Needs a lot of work! I'm struggling with wiring issues at the moment.

Is there a resource any of you might have used for electrical diagrams?

Specifically, I am having a start issue (some previous owner bypass work), signal lights not working, and 4 way flashers not working. I need a good starting point before I get in to deep.

Thanks in advance...

The different manuals do help a lot but if you don't have a lot of electricsl knowledge like me, they only help a little bit. I have been trying to get my electrical problems fixed on my 64 bird since 2009. I hope you have better luck than me.

The different manuals do help a lot but if you don't have a lot of electricsl knowledge like me, they only help a little bit. I have been trying to get my electrical problems fixed on my 64 bird since 2009. I hope you have better luck than me.
Thanks MickyDC - I have a little knowledge, and I'm hoping these aren't too bad.

Hey Bigdaddy...............I purchased specs & features manual, wiring diagram manual, and the 66 owner's manual.
But I forgot where I ordered them from. Either "bird Nest" tbirdparts.com, or "Larry's birds" larrystbird.com They both have catalogs and carry an extensive inventory of tbird parts and accessories.

You can get a "1966 Thunderbird Electrical Assembly Manual" from the 'Bird Nest' in Oregon.
It has pictures with the location and connection of the electrical bits, and in the back are the schematics.

I find it invaluable for working on my '66.

Hey Bigdaddy...............I purchased specs & features manual, wiring diagram manual, and the 66 owner's manual.
But I forgot where I ordered them from. Either "bird Nest" tbirdparts.com, or "Larry's birds" larrystbird.com They both have catalogs and carry an extensive inventory of tbird parts and accessories.
Great - I'll check those out. This is my first Tbird - so those resources will help a lot. THANKS.

You can get a "1966 Thunderbird Electrical Assembly Manual" from the 'Bird Nest' in Oregon.
It has pictures with the location and connection of the electrical bits, and in the back are the schematics.

I find it invaluable for working on my '66.
I'm warming up my credit card right now! THANKS!

Thanks Gents - I just ordered a bunch of reference books from Birds Nest - looks like they have a lot of stuff for the Tbird. Hopefully this gets me on my way!

Back