1966 Right front window motor and vent window crank needed

V
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi, I'm new here. I need a 1966 front right power window motor and a manual vent window crank. Does anyone know if any other motor will work? can't seem to find a 1966 motor on the websites. Same for the crank handle,disc and clip. Thanks

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

If I remember correctly the Ford motor company used the same power window motors in all models from something like 1965 through 1984, Just to be more certain I would just look for something closer to the year you want to use for application. You could also review parts catalogs for different suppliers and check out what range of years a motor will fit. Then you can search a wider range for supply.
As to a vent window crank handle I would thing that would be more model / year specific but I would check other models of same year and years before and after. You might find that Ford used like parts in different years / models just like they did with the power window motors.

Thank you for the info. Called several suppliers and they don't have a replacement motor. Seems like a 1966 was a one off? 1967 up are available but I guess they say it won't fit.

Update - I just looked up power window motors in one of my Hollander manuals. The one I looked in went up to '66. It listed '65 & '66 Ford Falcon, Mustang, Thunderbird and Mercury models as being interchangeable. (basically all Ford models) I hope you can find what you want.

I don't know if you are looking for inexpensive but the "Bird Nest" lists a motor 14553E for $174.95.

If you are interested I'm parting out a 1966 Town Landau and I have the window motors for sale. Give me a call Clint at **********

Thank you all for your help. I ordered a window motor gear as most utube videos say that is probably why the window doesn't work. When it arrives I will take off door panel and check the motor too. Hope its only the gear.

if you hear the window motor running but the window is not moving then it is the gear, otherwise it is the motor

Back