1966 fuel line replacement

Patdown45
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Just received replacement fuel lines for my 1999 coupes hardtop with 390 engine. The old lines must have been hacked pretty bad as they don't look anything like their replacements. Wondering if there is some way of changing the front secton going to the fuel pump without pulling the fender off to get access?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

My recollection is that the fuel lines and brake lines run on the frame and you should not have to remove a fender to get at them. At the most I would think there may be an inner fender cover / guard (plastic or rubber) that you might have to remove.

Just received replacement fuel lines for my 1999 coupes hardtop with 390 engine. The old lines must have been hacked pretty bad as they don't look anything like their replacements. Wondering if there is some way of changing the front secton going to the fuel pump without pulling the fender off to get access?
I just replaced my fuel lines on my 64 Thunderbird, and there is an access panel in the fender well with a gas rubber line connecting the frame rail gas line to the front gas line. I didn't go with the pre-formed lines but straight copper/metal lines that bend really nice. There is one more access behind the front door on the frame that will have to be removed. Spray the bolts with pb blaster or w-d40 before removing these bolts.

Back