1965 timing settings.

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
N
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Good evening, new to the group.
Having trouble getting the timing set on my ‘65. Wires are in the proper order, set cylinder 1 to TDC and adjusted distributor that points are pointing to #1 but still nothing. Any suggestions?

Good evening, new to the group.
Having trouble getting the timing set on my ‘65. Wires are in the proper order, set cylinder 1 to TDC and adjusted distributor that points are pointing to #1 but still nothing. Any suggestions?
What are your symptoms?

Just won’t start.
Everything seems to be right but it just won’t go
Did you just replace the spark plug wires? I made the mistake as the originals nor the cap designated #1 when I replaced my wires I made the mistake of forgetting the crank turns twice for one revolution of the dist. I installed my wires 180deg off at the top of the exhaust cycle instead of the compression cycle. Wouldn't even cough either.

Do you have spark?
Have you used a timing light to set the degree?
How many miles are on the engine?
Have you had this car running before?

How much fuel is in it? (Done this)
Does the fuel pump work?

When timing the engine have you disconnected the vacuum line and plugged it? Hopefully you have.

Back