1965 jack stand positions?

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
jimiTbird
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi there,

anyone got information on where on a 65 tbird jacks stands can be positioned?
Reading similar posts the cross bar under the radiator seems like the best point to lift the front using a low profile jack. Is this position at the front also good for positioning jack stands for longer term lift positioning?

also wondering where about a stands can be positioned on the underside mid-section of the vehicle?

thanks
Jim.

Please follow the prompts for posting and use the 4 digit model year of your car. I've edited it for you. Also, since we are an all Thunderbird site, no need to add Tbird, Thunderbird etc to your subject.

model-year-TBF.jpg

Hi there,

anyone got information on where on a 65 tbird jacks stands can be positioned?
Reading similar posts the cross bar under the radiator seems like the best point to lift the front using a low profile jack. Is this position at the front also good for positioning jack stands for longer term lift positioning?

also wondering where about a stands can be positioned on the underside mid-section of the vehicle?

thanks
Jim.
It depends on what you mean by the mid section. Evenly spaced close to the wheel wells then yes like the drive-up side lifts. In the center, No. Once they did away with sturdy steel bumpers that were the jacking points many years ago. Now with all the composite and 5MPH bumpers The sides have become the jack & support areas. Just make sure you don't place the jack or stands on any welded seams. They will fold, crack and rust. Your car has a solid frame just make sure you use it and not the body work.

On my '64, I've used a jack under the front crossmember to lift the front end, then place jack stands under the crossmember on either side of the jack. Lift points on the sides are just behind front wheel well and just forward of back wheel well, but be careful not to crush the fuel line. On the rear, you can place a jack under the differential to lift the rear end, then put jack stands under the ends of the rear axle near the leaf springs.

Back