1965 indicator lights do not work & burning out

Kartman01
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi, I am both new to the forum and Thunderbird ownership. I have a 1965 convertible that I just acquired and have a few questions I am hopeful someone can help me with:

1) Windshield washer, open door warning and backup lights do not work. I checked the fuse for this circuit and it was ok. I changed the fuse to a new one and still nothing. All 3 items don’t work. Where do I go from here?

2) I am systematically replacing any burned out bulbs. In checking the center glovebox, I really don’t see a light that shines into it. Please see attached photos. Is the silver thing in the photo the light socket? Am I missing parts for the light? Thanks for any photos or insight as to what the inside of the glovebox is supposed to look like.

3) My convertible has a hard tonneau cover with headrests. I removed it for the first time today and noticed the latch mechanism and ‘hook’ were installed off center. Is that correct? Were these covers installed at the factory?

88DD1459-89E7-4DE2-9BA8-8A43C2663A31.jpeg6BDDB0E0-F89F-4BC9-99C2-4E00294F90DC.jpeg
B5B9F610-50FA-4F8D-9236-85DCA61BF0CD.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
As noted when you posted, your subject should be a short summary of what your post is about. Your title "1965 Thunderbird / Help Appreciated" does not mention your lighting issues. Pretty much all the posts are people needing help.

Since we are an all Ford Thunderbird site, you can omit your make/model year from future posts. I updated your title.

model-year.jpg

Back