1965 / 1966 Body Parts Are They the Same?

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
R
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hello I’m a newbie here on this thread thanks for letting me join in.

My question is this, does anyone know how similar the bodies on a 1965 / 1966 T-Birds are? Can a hood or trunk lid from a 1965 fit a 1966? Are the roofs exactly the same, etc?

Obviously some of the trim is different but I’m wondering if the main body parts are the same?

Thanks for any information!

In case nobody else responded......roof, deck lids, rear quarters, and doors are the same. Front fenders, cowl, and good are unique to ‘66. All parts are interchangeable on ‘64s and ‘65s. Rear bumpers are the same all 3 years. 66’ also has unique front bumper and grille.

I understand that the 66 front end was redesigned to make it safer for the other guy in event of a collision.

64 Thunderbird doors will not fit 65 or 66 models. Look the same but door lock is lower than 65 or 66.

My question is this, does anyone know how similar the bodies on a 1965 / 1966 T-Birds are? Can a hood or trunk lid from a 1965 fit a 1966? Are the roofs exactly the same, etc?

Obviously some of the trim is different but I’m wondering if the main body parts are the same?

Thanks for any information![/QUOTE

64 are drum brakes but you can use the spindle & all other brake parts off of a 65 or 66 to make them disc brakes

Thanks for any information!

I know they'll fit-however there are certain trim pieces-especially around the accented hood-scoop area that differ.
I don't know about the roofs-my goes down....

Back